It took me a while to figure out how to create signed Android apk file using Xamarin Studio 4.2. These are the steps i used to create a signed/zipaligned apk.
I found these steps in Xamarin forum and it works:
The way I sign an APK with Mono for Android app:
Within Visual Studio <– Make sure dropdown is “Release” NOT “Debug” 1. Build – Clean 2. Build – Rebuild 3. Package YOUR_APP_NAME for Android (.apk)
Open folder that contains APK (c:\PATH TO MONODROID PROJECT\bin\Release 4. Copy apk file (NOT -Signed.apk) to Java folder (c:\Program Files\Java\JAVA VERSION\bin)
Open command prompt 5. redirect to java folder where you paste APK file to (cd c:\Program Files\Java…. etc) 6. sign APK with certificate (jarsigner -verbose -keystore KEYSTORE_KEY APK_FILENAME KEYSTORE_ABBREVIATION)
- Copy signed APK to Android-sdk folder (c:\android-sdk\tools)
- redirect cmd prompt to android-sdk folder (cd c:\android-sdk\tools)
- zip APK (zipalign -v 4 APK_FILENAME NEW_FINAL_APK_FILENAME)
That final APK file can now be uploaded to Google Play.
If you are just testing your app on a phone real quick… follow steps 1-3, then at step 4, copy the YOUR_APP_NAME-Signed.apk file to your phone and install it. That will work for testing on your phone.
While browsing internet i found someone mentioned a comment on an article titled : Why i don’t dig budhism
The comment is to way i think about buddhism.
The Buddha said:
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”
So, I don’t care the labels someone can put. You could label Buddhism to the fact of following the instructions of the Buddha to achieve the truth. If so, read the quote above again.
I don’t like some aspects of Buddhism. In fact I don’t consider myself Buddhist, I don’t need any label. I search for the truth and happiness and I have found within Buddhism many useful tools for that purpose. Many more than in any other religion, because according to Buddhism, you can achieve enlightment using those tools by yourself, without any dogma.
The goal of Buddhism is to become enlightenedd not to become a Buddhist. So it doesn’t matter if you consider yourself Buddhist or Christian or whatever. Just pick from the Buddhism the knowledge that is useful to you and continue your path.
Good looking font text over nice background is enough to convey your message effectively.
Second app on Playstore
Launched another app on playstore, learnings from apps this time are resizing background image and making app more responsive.
The app contains collection of 50 quotes from Bob Dylan.
Dire straits is the artist who has knows the art of how to play with listeners mind or subconscious.
Imagine a song which contains element of birth, how society grows, death, impermanence of everything. All this can be felt in one song – Telegraph Road
This is my living tribute to legend – Dire Straits
Listing out small app ideas which can be done in short span of time : 1-3 days
1. How much water you drink today
2. Add a signature to photo
3. An app which displays quotation
4. Tap fast – Add a button on screen and tap it again and see how many times you can tap it in one minute -
5. Birthday reminder
6. Daily spend tracker – this might take a week to accomplish
7. An app to demonstrate all the controls in Android – Button, ProgressBar, Layout
8. Packing list – Ability to add multiple suitcases for different trip types.
9. Where is my stuff – capture an object by photo and tag it to find out where you have stored it.
10. Business card manager – An app to capture photo of business cards and later organize it.
11. Home repair manager – An app to record which item was repaired at what time and what was the amount paid for repair . Problem : We forget to remember what was the last time an item was repaired.
12. Some important dates – Store all important dates like date of joining.